Physical Education develops pupils as individuals by:
- Helping pupils develop physical competence, confidence and self esteem through participation in a range of practical contexts.
- Providing enjoyable and positive experiences with real opportunities to achieve success
- Providing opportunities for pupils to learn to be creative, expressive and competitive and to develop positive relationships and respect for others
- Learning how to take increasing responsibility for choices and actions in relation to their own learning, safety and involvement in physical activity
- Learning how to practice, refine and develop specific skills and techniques and to analyse and improve their own and others’ work.
- Providing the opportunity for pupils to achieve qualifications in GCSE PE and BTEC Sport, in order to pursue a career in the Sports’ industry.
KEY STAGE 3
YEAR 8, 9 & 10
As a pupil of Kilkeel High School you will get to experience a wide range of activities in the PE curriculum.
Pupils get the opportunity to try out all of these sports and activities during their regular PE time. If pupils wish to improve their skills or take more of an interest in some of these sports, we offer a wide range of activities as extra-curricular clubs.
Dance and Gymnastics:
- Contemporary Dance
- Line Dance
Athletics and Cross Country:
- Javelin, Shot & Discus
- Long Jump and Triple Jump
- 100m, 200m, 800m and relay
- School Cross Country
- Circuit Training
- Fitness Testing
- Dance Fitness and Aerobics
- Roller hockey