Our main aim is to nurture pupils so that they become confident, caring and responsible citizens.
We regularly update our work to reflect changing dietary advice, technological change and contemporary consumer issues to prepare all pupils for a transient, dynamic and consumer-driven society.
- Aims of the Department:-
- To cultivate a positive attitude towards health and wellbeing.
- To discriminate in the choice of materials and resources related to Home Economics.
- To enable pupils to develop initiative and cooperation to work with others.
- To encourage inventiveness, originality and academic rigour.
- To develop analytical skills.
- To develop a critical approach to government initiatives regarding eating habits and trends.
- To help pupils adapt to rapid technological changes and the growth of scientific knowledge.