Within the History Department we cater for students from Year 8 to Upper Sixth.
The links on the right will allow you to browse through the topics covered each year and the structure of the exam courses, along with details of our School Museum.
History Department Aim:
To achieve the stimulation of interest in and enthusiasm for the past.
"If we do not understand the past we can never change the future!"
History Department Objectives:
- To develop a feeling for the past.
- To acquire knowledge and understanding of human activity in the past, linking it, as appropriate, with the present.
- To develop an understanding of the nature and use of historical evidence, developing skills of enquiry and presentation.
- To achieve an understanding of the nature of cause and consequence; continuity and change; similarity and difference; the diversity of viewpoints.
- To promote the development of attitudes by giving pupils an understanding of the society in which they live in order to develop as individuals and to contribute to the country in which they live.
- To develop essential thinking, study and social skills which will help to make students employable.